Monday, July 2, 2012

Newly Single - Andrew

I've been single for almost two years and I look back at when I was in a relationship and have mixed feelings. I was with someone for 4 years, that is a pretty long time but it had some highs and lows and it was time for it to end. When it ended I moved back to Sarasota from Ohio and thought the world was ending. I didn't want to eat, sleep, move, be around people....nothing! Unfortunetly, and fortunetly, I got a job just 2 days after I moved back so I did have to be in public and speaking to people so I sucked it up. I reconnected with one of my friends from high school and she dragged me out to bars (Advice: yes, when your friend is newly single get them out of the house. Do NOT take them to a bar though....it can turn ugly) and I became that person that was drunk EVERY night.

About two months after I had been royal dumped I decided to join every dating website under the sun...and I mean all of them, and I paid! I met a guy, who we will call Andrew (yes I know his name but it's for privacy) who is from the UK and has a pretty interesting job. I knew I wasn't his type but he was kind enough to actually take me on a date. He was shorter than me and dressed in that cool european way, and I'm not a fan of that style just an FYI. We went to a putt putt place in Bradenton, then went and saw Jackass 3, and he invited me back to his place. Now I know what you are all thinking, slut!, well you are wrong ladies and gentlemen because the pants stayed on! We watched some TV from his homeland and it stayed PG-13.

We saw each other a few more times, things seemed to be progressing and I finally decided to introduce him to my friends. I would like to remind you that at this time, I was a drunk so meeting my friends ment going into a bar. This was not his cup of tea and I could tell he wasn't a fan. I dropped him off at his place and we made plans for the next date.

We went out to dinner and then decided to go bowling. We were having a great time and laughing and then we went back to his place. I had it all planned that it was time for me to finally do the deed as they say. We pulled up and he turned to me and informed me, "You are a great girl and I like spending time with you but I don't see myself marrying you. I don't think we should see each other anymore because I don't want to waste my time with someone I don't plan on marrying." I was shocked and a little taken back by this comment but hey, I wasn't looking for marriage I just got out of a 4 year relationship. I said good bye and was on my way.

This threw me....the fact that a guy informed me after 4 dates....4! that he didn't see himself marrying me and so he was ending things then and there. I hadn't dated in 4 years and just didn't know if this was something new, I found out that it isn't, or if people from the UK thought differently. This was the first guy I dated in a long line and I should have known then and there that Andrew was a sign. A sign telling me, "Oh by the way you are soooooooo not ready for this but we thought we'd throw you a bone and let you get to date someone with an accent before you get the crazies."

And Oh have there been crazies.....

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS