Friday, August 31, 2012

Brie....Cheese? or BDSM book character?

 Good Morning...it is 3 am...thank you Sky. I am not going to post this at 3am though. I feel like it deserves a proof reading when I'm more awake to make sure there are no ramblings about ducks or picnics or something.

This is my baby...her cow wanted in the picture.
So did my awesome pj's.
While walking this little monster angel this evening...no...morning? Oh who cares...I suddenly had that weird urge to write. I get this from time to time and the first time I remember getting this feeling was when I was like 11ish, maybe, and I decided to write my first book.
We will get back to this I promise. It is worth the wait.

I can't just grab a handy item to write down my sudden ideas. I sadly don't have a laptop or a tablet***, I just have my handy dandy Gateway Desktop to write with. So here I am now slowly waking up enough since I had to wait for this thing to warm up and my fingers have been twitching to get this out.

My name is Brieann but everyone knows me as Brie. My mother calls me Peanut and/or Jelly Bean but that doesn't count. I've run into a few people who go by 'Brie' but they spell it differently. Growing up I went to catholic school from K-8 and my religion teachers for some reason used to love to call me Brie Cheese.
I hated it. I still do.
Since blogging I've run across a few people who spell their name just like mine and it makes me happy to know I'm not alone in the world. Since I'm not alone in this world anymore I had to share this.

Brie(s) we are a BDSM book character. Yep, I discovered it tonight (or last night?) while trying to find some new reading on my Nook***. I was browsing through New Releases when I stumbled across my name. Brie. It is actually titled Brie on Display (Brie #7) by Red Phoenix. I became curious because to my knowledge I am not aware someone is writing a book about me.

I should have kept going.
I really should have.

I have a really weird sense of humor sometimes and now this is going to backfire on me.
I can tell.
In my life when people ask me for my name I usually go through this exchange:
'What's your name?'
'I'm Brie'
'Embrie?'
'No, my name is Brie'
'Marie?'
'No, Brie....like the cheese'

This usually helps and we go on our merry way. Now, because I now know there is a character with my name, I fear the exchange will go something like this.
'What's your name?'
'Brie'
'Marie?'
'No, Brie like the girl in the books who likes to go to Submissive Classes. It's a good read. You can find it in Barnes and Noble.'

Yep, my mother would be so proud.
***Side Note: Dear Mother, I know you read my blog fairly often even though you wont admit to it. I would really like a Nook Tablet for Christmas. Just an FYI.

Til next time lovelies xoxox

2 comments:

kaysfairytale said...

When you have that urge to write, you just gotta do it! Love your writing girl!

Brieann Daw said...

Thank ya very much for stopping by!!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS