Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lazy Tuesday = Cupcakes & Shoes

Well today is Tuesday which happens to be my day off and seeing as I've been sitting in my apartment I felt like baking. I decided on cupcakes because for some reason I find these a lot more fun to make then just a regular old cake. I felt like being in a fun mood soooooo I got food coloring at my local wonderful Super Target.
 
TADA!!!! an army of hot pink cupcakes with fun blueish frosting. I'm now going to have to either find someone to take some off of my hands or set myself up a will power. I sadly don't think either of those two is going to happen and there is a chance I might have a stomach ache after the next couple of days. I've discovered with living alone that baking is one of the many downsides. This is due to the fact that once you have all this yummy goodness there is only one person to eat it. This just happens to be me.

 Now after baking my little heart out I decided to do something else a little fun. A few months ago I stumbled across this cute idea and just never went ahead and tried it. I figured since I'm a bit poor and don't have any extra income to spend on clothing or shoes I would revamp a couple of pairs of shoes I own. Erica has a cute blog called FasionlushXX and I found this cute DIY idea for my shoes. Here is my attempt at following her cute idea.

You take your shoes and wipe them down with rubbing alcohol. Take white nail polish and put a layer on. Then you take the color of your choice, I picked hot pink for these shoes because the inside is hot pink, and apply one coat You let it dry, then add another. Let dry again and then add on a clear coat to make it nice and shiny and to seal it in. Erica gives better instructions on her page plus step by step photos to help you along. ***Advice when she suggests a bigger brush, go with it.....it took a really long time with the little nail brush that is provided.***
The second pair I used a teal like green color which. I would like to say my color choices weren't influenced by my cupcakes but sadly I think they were. Oh well, I now have nice pretty shoes (that I hardly wear since I never really get fancy) and yummy cupcakes to help me get fat off of, haha.
While writing this I thought my dog was watching me type. I sadly realised that she is laying directly under the cupcakes in the hope that some how one shall jump off of the counter and into her direct view.
This is Sky, she is actually a human but we let her think she is a dog.
Til next time lovelies
XOXOX

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

That is wicked cool!! LOVE it!

Brieann Daw said...

I just like that you can take oldies and revamp them so you can love them even more

sophistifunk said...

pretty much in love with those hot pink cupcakes, i must make some! and i love the different color sole bottoms on your shoes :)
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

Brieann Daw said...

When I was in the baking section I saw hot pink out of the corner of my eye and grabbed it, haha. Thank you for following :)

Rachel said...

I'm pretty sure that your shoes were influenced by your cupcakes. Now if you could only wear both pairs of shoes at once while eating a cupcake, you would be perfectly color coordinated! :P
They're both cute! I'm very fond of bright colors, myself.

My Froley said...

The colours of the cupcakes are amazing. I've always done pastel colours, I'm a bit scared of going bright, but these are so awesome !
http://myfroley.blogspot.com

Brieann Daw said...

If I could find a way to wear both pairs, I was thinking one shoe from each but they are different heights, I would so totally do that. I usually stick to more muted colors but every now and then I branch out Gaga. Thanks for swinging by!

Brieann Daw said...

I was a little surprised they came out so bright myself. It's always fun to take a leap of faith and if it doesn't work I don't think people will shun baked goods because they are too crazy colored ;). Thanks for swinging by! Xo

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS