I think some very romantic things are sending a girl flowers while she is at work, kissing her on her forehead when you are around people, hold her hand, send her messages at random moments through out the day to just let her know you are thinking of her, and just rubbing the small of her back while relaxing and watching a movie on the couch.
I asked some women about what they thought were romantic things a guy could do for them.
- My Friend Nikki said things that her husband can do for her "I like it when Zack does little things like when he surprised me with champagne and flowers when I got published. He will rub my feet without asking or just do things around the house."
- Megan said "Personally, I find the whole 'guy being romantic' thing overrated. He shouldn't have to go over the top. Special things are nice for really special occasions, but he should be able to do little things that you appreciate every day. And you should do little things for him too. Romance goes both ways in my mind."
- One woman said she likes it when a guy makes her dinner. She also enjoys when they wake up next to each other and just look into each others eyes.
- A woman who works at a hotel said, "Any kind of homemade dinner, even if it is just mac and cheese. If he is rich then dinner on a boat. Also, cleaning the house without being asked is always nice to come home to. When he buys video games to help you lose weight on your birthday."
- My friend Hallie said just being a gentleman and put some effort into doing something.
- Some other things that some women said is traditional things like flowers but better is when they surprise you in thoughtful ways that show they listen to you when you talk. Doing fun things that he knows the woman is interested in. Back rubs, cooking dinner, cuddling.
Some things people don't find romantic:
- walks on the beach
- going to the movies
- writing songs or poetry
- one woman said nothing she find everything romantic cheesy
I'd love if you would write down what YOU think a guy can do to be romantic. I always love feedback and knowing what people think. <3