Friday, September 28, 2012

How I Accidently Ended Up On a Date with a Married Man

Hope you all are having a great Friday so far! I'm still recovering from a horrible evening.....
Wednesday I received a phone call from this gentleman asking for someone from the hotel to come out and try a new menu at this restaurant in town. They were trying to get word out and thought that the hotels would be a great idea. I said I would go because, well, it was free.
He sent me the menu and I was interested because the food sounded oh so yummy.
Went home after work Thursday, changed into something a little nicer since it was a nice restaurant and off I went.
I showed up at 6:30 (on time) and was the first one there, evidently 8 other people from other hotels were to show up to try out the new menu.
NO ONE EVER SHOWED
So there I am awkwardly sharing a meal with this random guy and having the worst "first date" in the history of meals.
It wasn't just a "first date" it was a "first date" with a older married man who felt the need to keep touching my back or shoulder.
I felt bad that this nice little restaurant had put on this free little event and no one showed but I just wanted to run.
I ate my fill of free soups, appetizers, and entrees as well as free wine.
I finally came up with a plan.
I was going to use my job as an excuse to get out of there before this kept continuing. I used the whole "My job really really needs me back!" I felt horrible but this torturous evening couldn't continue anymore.
I don't know how many times I read and re-read the menu or we chatted about things I'm too young to even know about or care about.
After leaving I new I had to go the gym A) I ate too much and B) I haven't stepped foot inside in a week. I luckily had my workout clothes in the trunk (shows how many times I've thought of going and just haven't)
Advice: If you ever want to throw men off of their game walk into a gym wearing black high heels, a tight red pencil skit, and a low cut black top.
I had to walk past everyone to get to the locker room and it was that weird moment when you know everyone is looking at you. My mind was in a fight or flight mode because I don't really like more than one person focusing on me at one time.
Hence my fear of public speaking.
I did my best not to run past everyone and just calmly walked into the locker room to change. Went did a lovely workout, sweated my butt off, then went home to finally relax with some more wine.
Now for Friday's Letters to get over that horrible experience

Dear Self: Next time you are invited to something either bring someone with you or just say NO!
Dear Ian: Monday is going to be amazing! I can't wait for you to work my butt into shape.
Dear Neighbor: Please come out of your apartment at the same time as me so that we can chat and I can prove I'm not a total loon.
Dear Followers: I'm thinking on doing a Give Away when I hit 50. I'm so close so just a few more. I'm also planning on something for my 25th birthday but more about that when it gets closer.

Also linking up with
Hope you all have an amazing weekend!
Til Next Time Lovelies
XOXOX

5 comments:

SEL said...

Oh my gosh. A married guy, chatting you up and touching you? Gross. I feel bad for you AND his wife!

Hopefully it's a story you can look back on in a few years and laugh at though.

Thanks for linking up today!

xo
SEL [co-host]
growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

Bridgette Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, that seems so awkward! At least you got good food?! I am your newest follower, I love your stories! :)
-Bridgette
Follow me back: bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

Staci said...

Yikes! I'd be so weirded out! I found you via the I Love My Online Friends 'GFC' Hop!

-Staci
The Crafty Military Wife

Kate said...

Oh, creepy about the married guy. Ick! I'm following you, do now only two away from 50!

Julia P F said...

Hey at least you have a great story out of it! Wow... Found you on the Sunday social

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS