Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Social - Childhood Edition


This weekend was a bit.....interesting. I've worked the whole thing and I joke about setting up some kind of cot in the back office for me to sleep on. Only 12 days until my Staycation!!!!!
Let's take a break from work and link up for Sunday Social!
1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
Just being awesome! I didn't have a job, I didn't have to worry about bills, and I was able to wake up late on the weekends (which I had off)! I also got to swim, ride horses, gymnastics, ice skating, Tae Kwan Do, sleep away camp....my mom always sent me to the best camps :)

2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
Yes my full first name hardly gets used. The most used were Brie, Peanut, Jelly Bean, B....my mom liked to call me different foods and she still uses them now and then to this day but it's cool, she's my mom.

3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?

Oh sweet baby Jesus! I loved playing Pickle where there were two people throwing a tennis ball back and forth between each other. There were a group of kids who had to run from one side to the other and the people with the ball could throw it at one of the runners and if you go hit you were out! Kickball, Tennis Baseball, and War were also popular.

4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Oh gremlins I wanted to be everything....I went through a Vet, Mechanic, Teacher, Vet, Princess, Mechanic, Carpenter, Therapist, Teacher, Vet, Nurse, Marine Biologist, Teacher.....can you sense a pattern?
I do none of those for a living by the way so shows how smart I was at predicting my future, haha.  

5. What was your favorite toy?

Panda, he was pretty awesome and was my sleeping partner. My mom got me a Panda the Second but he wasn't as awesome. I of course had Barbie and she never wore clothing and hung out with Ken and they used to hug, a lot. I evidently knew Barbie was a slut when I was 7.

I hated baby dolls, freaked me the F out. Not OK! Those things were locked up and hidden.
Damn dolls.

6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?

This might be weird but they like to remind me when I was at my Pop Pop's funeral. I was 5 and my cousin Timmy is 2 months other than me and they sat us together. Since I lived with my Pop Pop I knew him really well and my cousin not so much. A family friend was the Priest and during the service I kept telling my cousin little things such as 'That isn't Pop Pop that is just his shell. He is in heaven.' 'Uh oh Pop Pop isn't going to be happy that his shell is getting wet' (talking about when they use holy water) Everyone, including the Priest, were trying very hard not to laugh during the funeral because here I am, this little 5 year old, "quietly" informing my cousin how Pop Pop is dead and what it means.

Now a couple picks of me as a kid :)
 

 Hope you all had an amazing weekend and only 2 away from my 50 follower giveaway!
Til next time lovelies!
XOXOX

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I loved sleep away camps! I always wanted to go to one for the whole summer.

Found your blog through the link up.

Tiff @ slpsmile.blogspot.com

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS