Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Social Week 14

Hope you all had a great weekend so far!
I had a relaxing Saturday which included cleaning and rearranging my furniture in my living room.
Yes, I know, I have the craziest weekends anyone could imagine, be jealous!
What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it??
Simple Single Girl Life
I wanted to kind of have something to log my single girl life since I had been in a relationship with someone for about 4 years and I was supposed to marry young. I suddenly decided on Single Girl Life and one of my friends suggested I throw in simple since, well, my life is the opposite and MAYBE some reverse psychology might make my life a little more simple. It stuck and I thought it was a bit catchy so...TADA! 
What do you love the most about blogging??
I love the fact that I get to write what is going on in my life and what seems to be happening in my head. I was never good at keeping a diary, I hate writing things by hand, so when I started reading other blogs I just knew I had to start. I love when people tell me they can relate and that I can start these friendships with people I would normally never get to know.

What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?
I haven't been blogging that long, about two and a half months now, so I'm sure I will have a lot more to choose from if I was asked this question in about a year but so far my two favorites are:
and

What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world?
Write for you, Write because the subject interests you, Write because this is what you are wanting to do. Don't force, Don't conform, Don't over think. YOU are the writer, no one is forcing you to do this (if they are maybe a quick call to 911 might be in order) and you aren't going to be publicly called out if you don't write what everyone else is writing about.
Biggest blogging learning experience you've had?
That I'm not the only one going through the things that happen in my life and that it is OK to be who you are. I can go through all these different types of blogs, hence why I enjoy doing these link ups, and discover these women who have had a bad past relationship, who are struggling with their weight, or something else major and they are out their living their lives and having fun and sharing their lives and struggles with all of their readers.
Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love.
Well, I love my blog, so yeah....haha
Well, time to go fight the rain and wind (I really dislike Hurricane Isaac - he evidently had a kid)
Til next time Lovelies
XOXOX

6 comments:

Sarah Carper said...

I'm a new follower thanks to the Sunday Social! Feel free to check out my blog as well! http://beyondthegradebook.blogspot.com

Rae Wright said...

I am seriously loving how you said don't conform. I used to do that in writing and to fit in, then I realized I needed to not fit in and be myself that is when I started to fit in. Does that make sense?

That's What She Read said...

sounds like we are blogging for lots of the same reasons! :) I love to write whatever comes to me and not just what I think people will enjoy writing. It gives me a sense of freedom and the fact that other enjoy it and can relate is the icing on top !! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH for listing my bloggie blog on your list, that made my day!!

Brie said...

Thanks for following!!!
Xoxo

Brie said...

Lol makes sense perfectly. You can tell when someone is trying to fit in which causes them not to...o well we understand what we are trying to say, haha.

Brie said...

It is no problem at all! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you're having a much drier weekend than I am, haha.
Xoxo

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS