Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Social - Getting to Know Turkey


Hope you are all having a very nice weekend! I've been sitting around watching YouTube videos trying to figure out what I want to do for Christmas. I think I finally have a plan.We shall see if I can actually do it.
 
 
1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
I do have a good amount of nice memories. Thanksgiving in my home used to be a big event, watching the parade and lots of people over.
 
I think my most favorite memory was my first Thanksgiving in my own apartment. I was living with my boyfriend at the time and I knew we would be hitting multiple dinners but I really wanted to try my hand at cooking. I got the Turkey, sat it in the fridge, and watching countless episodes of Turkey cooking on Food Network on Demand.
I got all the ideas I wanted and Thanksgiving day morning I woke up early and got ready. Sadly the turkey was still frozen for some reason so I remember seeing that if you ran it under cold water it would help defrost it. Our apartment sink was barely a sink so I got the smart idea to get a garbage bag out and fill it with cold water.
Yep, I know....amazing.
I only had the vanilla scented garbage bags so I made do.
It worked, I cooked the bird, and was informed that it was really very good.
 
2. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
Turkey and Apple Pie
I hate sides, I don't know why but my plate usually is turkey, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
That's it.
I also didn't even like Pie up until a few years ago and even know I have to really be in the mood for it.
I know, I'm a horrible Thanksgiving person.
 
3. What is a Thanksgiving tradition you and your family have?
We watch the Macy Days parade and I always have to call my grandmother out of the kitchen so she can watch the Rockettes.
A new tradition is starting with me making the turkey. The family last year wasn't sure if I could so they made their own turkey last year and then bought me a turkey to make.
They loved my turkey so I win ;-)
 
4. Show us a favorite Thanksgiving picture(or 5) from years past.
I don't have any :(
I know I fail this question
 
5. What are you most looking forward to about this Thanksgiving?
Since I work in a hotel and my mother works 11-7am we actually don't celebrate on Thanksgiving, we do it that Saturday. I just like being able to spend time with my family and get to actually cook.
Also, I get time and a half if I work on Thanksgiving which is always a good thing.
 
Hope you all are getting excited for the holidays and possibly already getting your shopping done!
 
Til next time lovelies
XOXOX

4 comments:

Helene said...

that is a sweet memory! I think mine would be when I spent my first with my husband (so last year) too!

Helene in Between

Andrea said...

I think its nice that you celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday to get to spend time with your family

Nicole and Dan said...

Hey Brie!!! I nominated you for the Liebster Award!! Go to my blog and check it out!!
www.grubnmarriage.blogspot.com
- Nicole

Kelly { Messy.Dirty.Hair.} said...

I love thanksgiving! Pumpkin pie is my favorite!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS