Monday, November 19, 2012

Wait...I Did Something This Weekend?!?!

I know I'm just as shocked as you right now knowing that I actually DID something this weekend.
It was actually one of the best weekends I've had in a really long time.

Some of you who follow me on Twitter and actually read my mess of a blog this past week know that a guy made an appearance in my life. I had decided recently that since I haven't been visiting my dating profiles, except maybe once a week to investigate the crazy messages I get, to delete my last remaining account. While I was trying to hunt down the delete/cancel/quit button a face popped up and I decided to investigate. I liked what I read and he was pretty cute so...I messaged him.
We have been talking non-stop since then and it has been really, really nice. He was going out of town for vacation/Thanksgiving so we decided to actually meet when he got back. Friday he messaged me and asked if I would be interested in meeting that night.
I of course said yes because I didn't really want to wait till after the holiday if there was a chance we could meet then.
In my wisdom I decided on a cold night to meet by the water so we could just chat.
I froze, he felt bad, but I stuck it out since I was the dummy to pick the spot.
It was a pretty awesome time and I don't think I've laughed that hard in a really long time.
When he gets back we are planning on seeing each other again.
Oh and I still deleted my account so even if this doesn't work....I'm just going to let things happen even if I'm not a fan of the waiting. 

Saturday I actually had it off.
Trust me, this is a very rare thing to the disgust and frustration of myself and friends.
I'm a bridesmaid in my friend Hallie's wedding and it was the day of her bridal shower. I woke up and decided to finish my own personal scarf that I have been working on in my favorite color
Tada!
I finally got my butt up and moving and had to hit the store to get some last minute things and I decided to buy my first pair of skinny jeans.
I know, some people might be wondering how could someone never own a pair, well I just haven't so shh. I went home, wrapped presents, and got myself all pretty for the party.

Ya, I know, I took one of those many annoying self portraits but hey I needed to show off my scarf :)
I was supposed to be to Hallie's grandma's house at 2....I don't know how far I live from people so I'm sometimes early.
I was a half hour early this time.
Ms. Hallie and Mrs. Nikki finally showed up and we got to decorating and chit chatting.

ugh my hair looks horrible, it needs to grow
Some of Porter's family showed up and we all just ate, chatted, and had a grand ol time. Hallie got a whole bunch of cute gifts and we all had to buy her a pair of panties which she then had to guess who got them for her. It is nice when people can get together to celebrate things for someone who means a lot to them.
real life besties
Hallie and Nikki both suggested I start an Etsy shop to sell scarves that I'm making. I informed them that my fingers would start bleeding and someone would need to feed me since I would lose control over my hands.
No one volunteered to help with that.
I am planning on making a butt load of scarves and I'm currently working on one for a lovely blogger friend. Who knows, maybe if I can pre-make them and then sell what I already made I can sell them....decisions, decisions.

I hope you all had a great weekend!
Did anyone else get to get all pretty and spend time with friends?


Til next time lovelies
XOXOX

10 comments:

Hallie @ Life:Oceanside said...

thanks for being the bestest bridesmaid and for putting together such an amazing day:) I am way to lucky to have you two:)

Jen said...

You should sell those scarves! They are super cute! Glad you had a great weekend!

Michael Z said...

Totally agree with Jen!!^ That scarf is awesome!

Glad you had a great weekend!

Angi said...

Love the scarf and the color is perfect!!! :)

anna lizbeth said...

congrats on skinny jeans! :) something to be excited about! xo annalizbeth

Elizabeth said...

Good luck with the new boy!! =)

Kasey T said...

I found you through the daily tay and am your newest follower!

good luck with the new boy !

Kasey T said...

I found you through the daily tay and am your newest follower!

good luck with the new boy !

Kasey T said...

I found you through the daily tay and am your newest follower!

good luck with the new boy !

Helene said...

that scarf looks sooo great! love it!

Helene in Between

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS