Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013....We Are Going To Be Busy

Hi ladies!
Yes, I'm still alive.
I'm sorry I've been MIA recently but with the holidays, work, scarves, and working through some plans....I've been lacking the desire to write. 

Last night I celebrated the New Years with my dog and cat, hush, of course they both fell asleep so no kiss at midnight but it's cool.
While sitting there drinking my pink bubbly I got to thinking. The love life has been.....lacking more than I care to admit. I'm OK with being single but the fact of the matter is that now that my ex is getting married, 10 people I know from elementary/high school got engaged, and I'm in a wedding in three months I've been feeling kind of down about it. 
I sat around thinking as to why I think I'm not in a relationship and I came up with a few things that I plan on changing in 2013.

1) I don't feel amazing about myself and I know it makes my personality hit the bottom of the tank. I'm not skinny, I've never been skinny, and I am a yo yo dieter/work outer. I start out strong, I do a little well, then I give up. With me doing that I'm just not getting any where. This year I'm starting out strong I'm going into it with the desire to be better. I made a promise to myself that I'm going to treat every day as if I have a hot date at the end. This means shaving the legs, doing the hair, and applying a little bit of makeup. I think maybe if I at least get the outside to look a little nicer maybe I can keep the drive to get the body to get better. I don't need to be skinny I just need to feel better.

2) I need to get out more. I'm that person that is perfectly fine with waking up in the morning, going to work, and then coming home and sitting in my apartment. Yes, with my work schedule and living alone going out often is hard with money and time but I do need to try. I'm not sure how I plan on meeting people if I never leave my house, it isn't like they are going to magically fall into my lap.

3) Be open to try.
I'm pretty set in my ways and I don't seem to take to change very well. I know if I tried a little more maybe it would bring people to come my way.
We shall see.

After all of that I decided to really think on the things I plan on doing this year so far.

This year there is a chance I might lose my job. They are going to close the hotel probably the beginning of may to rebuild it and they are informing us that we will be relocated to a different property. The issue with this is the fact that there is already one of me at each of the properties in the area so I'm not sure what is going to happen with that. With my apartment lease coming up for a renewal in a few months my family and I are coming to an agreement of me moving home until we can figure out what will happen so I don't have an apartment and no job to pay for it. This isn't something a 24 year old wants to do but it will help with my ability to get out.

With me moving home I'm writing into HGTV to ask for ideas on how to fix up my mom's house. My mother and grandmother live together and with my grandmother's age and health my mom is basically doing everything. The house is becoming the last thing that is the focus and I've decided with me moving back in each month I'm going to take on a room in the house and redo it. The first room on my list is the garage. I'm pretty excited about this.....it will keep me in Lowe's and Home Depot a lot and we all know what are in those stores....men.

This year I'm buying myself a new car. My car used to be my grandmother's and with is being a 1997 and starting to fall apart I think it is time for me to look into getting myself something that will run. I'm looking at a Ford Fiesta or a KIA Rio. I guess we will have to see how that goes but I'm super excited about that!

This year I'm building up my scarf business. Right now I have 22 orders of scarves. I've finished with 5 of them and I'm trying to finish one and a half each night. I'm so happy about this but I can't wait till it warms up a bit so that I can build up product and then sell when I have. Right now I'm getting more orders than what I have made so I'm having to make as I go along. I'm teaching myself how to make more items so I can try to offer more product so besides working, fixing up my mom's house, and trying to find a man I'm going to be neck deep in yarn and crochet patterns.

Last but not least I'm going to focus more on writing. I love writing on the blog but with the lack of events in my life writing has been sparse. I did start writing a book but I'm not sure if I want to continue doing that or not. I'm going to try and spend more time on this here little blog in the hopes that with me writing more I can decide if I really want to write the book or not.

I hope all of you wonderful ladies had an amazing 2012 and that you have some great ideas for the upcoming year!

5 comments:

Jess Casey said...

I think that you are perfect just the way you are ;)

Clare Brown said...

You are def gonna be busy girl!

Love your idea of facing each day like you have a hot date, it"s too easy to forget that looking after yourself is good for your self esteem.

Ps I have a new ford fiesta & would def rec it!!

Look forward to reading all about your adventures, now get back to those scarves!

Love Mrs Brown @Mrs Brown's Thoughts

The Crying Cook said...

Good luck with your goals! They're all doable. One step at a time.

Sarah said...

Great list! Very real and inspiring. :) Numbers 2 and 3 are totally me as well. We can do it! xo

itsmekt said...

those are my exact top reasons for being single, esp #2!

cheers to trying better in 2013!!!

p.s im loving you blog, i added you to my " Blog Love" page, come say hi, adayinthelifeofmektt.blogspot.com

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS