Friday, January 25, 2013

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

I'm going to start off by warning you today is going to have no direction at all. I mean it, we are going to just go flying all over the place so maybe I should make you some kind of chart or diagram.
I dunno, we'll see.

My morning started off with being in a Starbucks with some very cute men and realising that today I look like caca.
No bueno.
Then the lovely Starbucks lady decided to spell my name wrong on my cup. Now, I've had my name spelt wrong before, but today it was just off beyond a doubt. If you follow me on instagram you probably saw the pic.


I needed that coffee because I was up late finishing this bad boy.
I have to say, I was sucked in right from the start. The chapters aren't actually chapters but set more with dates and times and years. I think what really pulled me in was the fact that it started in the middle and went back to the beginning so you just had to figure out what lead up to that exact moment.
Sky is a pretty great character in the sense that even though she is a teenager she has a really great head on her shoulder and I think I wish I could have been more like her when I was younger, maybe even today. She's a strong character but a little broken which is ok when you find out why that exactly is. I can honestly say I strongly disliked Holder in the beginning. I thought it was going to lead in a direction of domestic abuse but it did a complete turn around and I ended up loving him. I wasn't really sure how I felt about the character Six, I kind of understand why she was there but at the same time she just seemed to be a filler spot in random sections of the book. With this book I was able to figure out some things half way through but was a little shocked at parts that I hadn't thought about.
This book is recommended for 17+ because it does contain strong content and graphic nature. After reading it I think if I see someone who is 14 reading this book I'd grab it and throw it in a lake some place. Not that I didn't love the book, I just think it is one of those books someone who is still figuring things out shouldn't read.

See we jumped from coffee, incorrect name, to book review and now we are switching gears again.
Sorry

I'm back to being kind of sort of not really involved with this guy who lives in my apartment complex. We had stopped hanging out due to my choice because it wasn't gong to lead anywhere I felt like he might have been seeing other people.
Or he was married, I dunno.
I finally decided to give in after 5 months and agreed to see him because, well, it was fun to hang out with him.
He's being weird this time, different weird, in the sense that he is suggesting things that were never ever allowed on the table. He is agreeing to things, texting me, and just being different.
Weird, men are just plain weird.

Now, I'm planning a big birthday giveaway in February. It is a special giveaway so if you would be interested in joining in please let me know.
Email me, Tweet me, Comment here, Send a pigeon,
The more the merrier!!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend, I shall be holed up in my office until Tuesday.

3 comments:

RadiantKristen said...

I write posts like this pretty regularly, so I had no trouble following this. I feel you on the name thing. I get it when it's off by a letter or two, everyone spells their name differently. But when I can't even recognize the name as belonging in the same name-family as mine, I get a little annoyed.

Men are impossible. Even when you don't have weird on-again off-again things with them, they do really strange things.

itsmekt said...

Sometimes I writ all over the place,I find myself talking about one thing, that reminded me of something else, and the next thing you know im talking about how i hate my job, but my shoes look nice, like WTF Kalleen, which is pronouced Colleen, so ppl are either saying my name wrong, spelling it wrong or failing at both LOL

elle at wishingoodluck said...

Oh! That's been on my to-read list since I noticed the Kindle version is only $3.99 right now (score!) - seems like a good reminder to go pick it back up again!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS