Thursday, January 24, 2013

Let's Talk About Sex Baby.....


Yep....I'm kind of going there today.
Kind of 

Pinned Image

Now, I'm hoping a good portion of you are not going to need me to do the whole These opinions are my own and in no way, shape, or form, are meant to be insulting or offensive.
I'm not going to give you a lesson on the whole how babies are made or anything like that.

Pinned Image

There, now for those of you who don't know anything about sex you should be caught up.

I was laying in bed this morning before work trying to catch up on Hopeless and came across a steamy part of the book.
The characters are 18 but still in High School.....felt a little weird, not going to lie.

This got me thinking, I'm not a prude in the least, and if you ask my friends they will tell you I can sit there and have a conversation about the dirtiest things you could think of.
Come on, one my best friends and I installed something once which was hilarious in the sense one of us had to be the model while the other adjusted parts. I think we died laughing the entire time.
Yet, when I'm watching a movie or reading a book and the sex starts I sit there a little self aware.

I used to live with a guy that before we moved in together we were involved yet we weren't involved when we lived together. 
I'll give you a moment to try and figure that one out.
We were watching TV and this very steamy scene popped up and he just looked at me. I think we were watching True Blood so you have an idea of what I'm talking about.
I just sat there with my face turning bright red and trying to block out the whole scene and noise bit. I get this way also when sitting in a crowded movie theater sitting next to my best friends and surrounded by random strangers. I'm sorry, deep down I'm like 12, so I'm stifling those weird girlish giggles. I'm not sure how I got this way I mean I used to sneak into my living room when I was younger, I didn't have my own TV, and turn on MTV at 11:30pm to watch Undressed.
Weirdo

I'm the same way with reading. I read, I read a lot, I read anything I can get my hands on, and I read any place I can find to read. This results in me reading a lot at restaurants, coffee shops, and Barnes and Noble. I used to not have a Nook and this meant I was sitting there reading a book which everyone and their cousin could see the half naked person on the cover or the very straight forward title if that happened to be the book at the time.
I'm not always reading romancey books so don't worry. 
Now that I have the Nook I find it easier to read some books (Fifty Shades of Grey) but I still look around when I'm reading because I feel like people know what I'm reading.
You'd think I'd get over this at one point and time but I don't see that happening.
Wimp

O well, if you ever want to sit in a crowded restaurant or bar and have a conversation about pocket rockets I am your gal. I also have this tendency to curse when I'm out so it really is a recipe for disaster.
My mother would be so proud.

2 comments:

holli said...

I read 50 shades of grey from my ipad while on an airplane and i always had it turned sideways hoping the people around me didnt see it. I dont know why i wanted to hide but i did.

Michael said...

I'm fine with reading it, watchng it or talking about it. But at 28 years old if there's a scene on tv or in a movie and my parents are in the room become 12 on the inside and feel SO uncomfortable. And when my mom asked if I read the 50 series? She got a curt 'yup.'

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS