Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Literary Junkies in January

I've been looking for a link up to take part in since I'm having a rough day.
When I say rough I mean....I want to stab someone in the eye and laugh...type of rough day.
I'm not actually going to stab someone in the eye but it is a thought.

While reading through the posts so far today I stumbled across the Literary Junkies link up and felt like I should join in so let's get started!

Pink Heels Pink Truck

1. Which book could you read over and over? Why?
 I'm kind of with Lesley in the fact that I run into the issue of not liking the book as much the second time around as I did the first. Also, I have this bad habit when I'm rereading to skip parts I don't feel that interested in and skipping ahead....Ooops


These two series I can reread over and over and over again, but I still catch myself skipping parts I don't want to read.

2. If you could be any character from any book you've read, who would you be?
Oooo this one is tricky. There are a lot of characters that I would like to take bits and pieces from.
Mac Lane, Sookie Stackhouse, or Annastasia Steele.
There is no one particular person I want to be but I wouldn't mind taking bits and pieces from their lives.

3. Do you ever put a book down because you just can't get into it? Or do you stick it out to the bitter end? Any examples?
I try to stick through it because I've run into a few books where the beginning was slow as hell but it eventually picked up and turned into a great book. Time to time I read YA and sadly the House of Night was ok the first few books but it kept dragging on and on and on till I finally started reading a book and just had to put it down after page 5 because it was the same stupid thing and it wasn't going anywhere. I also had an issue with Gone Girl. I read the first half but as soon as I reached the wife's POV I just couldn't do it anymore. I think I might try it again but we shall see.

4. Show us your book shelves! Do you have one designated spot in your house for all your books? Do you scatter them around?
Here are a few of the books I have out of boxes right now. They are hanging out in the front entrance way of my little apartment. I usually read everything on my Nook because I used to have an issue where I bought a whole bunch of books and then when it came time to move I had to sell them all (250). It was a really sad day but I'm ok now. I now buy the book if the Nook version was amazing and I just have to own it for my collection.

8 comments:

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

I understand moving with books...but I just can't help myself. I'll move them each time! ha! ;) I'm a total bookaholic! :)
I hope your day gets better!! Thanks for linking up!!

Amanda Joy said...

Anastasia Steele is a good one! Also Sookie is a great one too. So many great characters to choose from!

xx
Amanda

Andi said...

Hope your day gets better!

Brooke @ Covered in Grace said...

Hey! Coming to you from the Linkup!

I LOOOOOOVE the All Souls Trilogy... one of my creative writing professors recommended A Discovery of Witches and I'm so glad I followed her advice. Got all my friends hooked too.

You know... I never thought about Miss Steele as a character that I'd love to be... but, yah. I'm with you. Haha

Lesley said...

Thanks for linking up!

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

hmmmm most people love gone girl. i get to pick it up from the library this week FINALLY and i'm super excited!

http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/literary-junkies-3/

Rachel @ front row seat said...

I have both Darkfever and Discovery of Witches on my "to read" list, so I'm glad to see you like them so much you would re-read either series! Good to know!

aryan tan said...

soockie is a nice one well at least for the first few books(ops sorry spoiler).
I have a great collection of book luckily I don't have to pay for it they were pass on to me by friends moving to another city, country or where ever plus the one my mom gave to me.
Me and my sisters practically have a room full of books back home. We move a lot so we send all the books back home to be stored after reading then. thank god my dad is so generous to host them hehe:)

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS