Monday, January 28, 2013

Random Ass Animal Facts

Hope you all had a great weekend.
I'm choosing to not talk about mine since all I did was laundry, work, drink coffee, cuddle with the dog, and watch TV.
I know you wish you were me since I lead such an exciting life.
not

I'm going to share a little bit of my nerd side with you all today.
I'm happy I'm a human (you'll get where this is going) and that I'm able to not be covered in fur, smell, or be normally eaten by things bigger than me.
There are some creatures out there who, how should I put it, have some pretty awesome abilities compared to us homo sapiens.

The Pigeon

These bad boys are able to hear sounds that we couldn't even begin to think of hearing from a great distance.
Really?!
The rat with wings has better hearing then us?
I'm already going deaf so I'm thinking this is pretty lame. Maybe I need to get a hearing pigeon to help me out with my day to day activities.

The Dung Beetle

Ya, it's a bug.
It took me a minute to actually get the courage to post this guy as we all know I'm afraid of bugs.
Scientists somehow figured out that these little poop friendly gems use the Milky Way for navigation.
Yep, something we could smash uses stars (not candy) to help them out.
I'm feeling a little inadequate.

The Mantis Shrimp

They have better eyesight then we do.
Yep, that tiny thing can see better then all of us.
They are also pretty snazzy dressers.

The Kangaroo

They can't fart, they take the gas that they would fart and turn it into energy.
I would love it if people didn't fart because honestly being stuck on a bus or a subway car and someone farting and you can't leave is the worst experience of my life.
O to be a kangaroo

Oh and some other random facts: Don't stand on the left hand side of a cave because bats always go to the left when leaving, mosquitoes are attracted twice as much to the color blue so try to avoid that color, and for all you left hand people out there polar bears are all lefties.

Yep, glad I could give you all some knowledge.

Oh and I'm hosting a link up on wednesday....so you should join.
I would if I were you, but I'm not....which is why I'm hosting it.
I need more coffee.

2 comments:

beckyj @ A Lazy Crazy Life said...

Hey there! New follower from the GFC blog hop, looking forward to reading more. That's seriously interesting about kangaroos, I had NO idea. Can't wait to tell my kids, lol :)

http://alazycrazylife.blogspot.com/

Michael said...

I'm such a junkie for random facts. It's ridiculous really. Case in point, last night I learned that having 4 dildos in TX is a felony as it's sex toys with an intent to distribute. Oh yes. I laughed a lot.

Turning gas into energy? I think the entire human species could benefit from that ability.

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS