Friday, January 11, 2013

Yep....This Was an Actual Discussion

I haven't had caffeine since the beginning of the year, ok I lied I had a coke one night because I felt I needed one and today I had a Skinny Caramel Macchiato, but anyways since I haven't been drinking it I've been feeling great recently. It was a little tough in the beginning, it always is, but now I'm feelin dandy. I think my morning Oatmeal Smoothies have been helping also, if only they didn't stink when I forget run out of time to wash the blender out.

Ok, let's move on past the whole blender, smoothie, soda thing.

I spent part of my day on Tuesday with my mom because my car needed new tires and it was decided on Monday I had to get them. When I say the car needed new tires I mean I honestly was afraid when the car hit 50mph that they would fly off into the sunset and I would be spinning out of control and run into a tree. Yep, there goes my over active imagination.

While walking around the mall, since we were smart and went to Sears, we were window shopping. If you have read my posts in the past you are aware I have a love/hate relationship with my humps up top. I saw these really cute bras and of course knew right then and there without even looking they wouldn't have them in my size. I had mentioned to my mother that the bras were cute and hated the fact that bras my size were in basic colors and looked like they were made for women who knew a man would never touch them again. Well, ok, it's been a while since I've had a man in my life but we aren't going to go there today.

My mother turns to me and says, "I understand and your grandmother and I were talking. Since you are going to be moving back for a little while we were thinking about looking into going about getting you a breast reduction if you were interested."

Wait...
WHAT?!?!
This is what you talk about when I'm not around?!
I mean, um, sure I guess.

I of course thanked her and explained I would be interested in it one day but I know I need to get myself to where I'm comfortable with my body before I go looking into taking a chunk of boob off.
They usually recommend getting to a weight you want before you try to reduce the boobs because let's say you lose weight and your boobs decide to shrink smaller than what you just got cut off. Then you are sitting there, a woman who was used to large tatas, with itty bitty titties. You then end up BACK in the plastic surgeons office to get boob put back in OR you gain the weight back to fluff them up again.
Horrible cycle, just horrible.

I honestly got to thinking when I got home at to what else my parents feel like chatting about when I'm not around. My love life? The fact I might die a spinster (hush I got 2 more years before I'm officially socially considered "on the shelf")? The fact I'm still up in the air on if I want kids or not? My hair? I don't know and I'm afraid to really ask.

Is there anything you randomly found out your parents discuss when you weren't around? Do they suggest medical procedures you evidently should have?

2 comments:

aryan tan said...

Nice post! I'm asian and most of us don't have great jugs :), but I don't think my parents talk about any surgical procedures for me. I heard them one day though that they are talking about if ever I will get a BF cause I snore. (sorry). Snoring is all about my obesity which I am trying to give attention too. since he dump me. yep stupid enough of me to realize that I need health check after he dump me. I would love if my parents would discuss about my lypo though and would love it if they are willing to pay for it.. nyahaha:)

Amanda Joy said...

I had this SAME battle with my family forever. I finally made my own choose and had a reduction and honestly, it was the best thing I have ever done. But seriously, what do they say behind our backs?!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS