Monday, February 18, 2013

A Very Bad Start to a Great Birthday Weekend

Friday was a day I'm not going to forget and not likely in a good way. 

I worked over a 10 hour shift Friday night which wasn't unusual as I have to do that from time to time. When I got home after 11 pm everything seemed normal, I had forgotten to leave a light on inside but the radio was on inside and Sky was being quiet. I opened the door and noticed that the door jam wasn't exactly attached to the wall. I turned on the lights thinking Sky had gotten out and ate the door and discovered that she was still in the cage. I just stood there in shock not knowing what to do. I let Sky out of the cage and then checked the apartment to make sure nothing was missing and that no one was still in the apartment. 



I called the cops and informed them that my apartment had been broken into and nothing was missing. While I was waiting on the officer I texted my mom and called Nikki to just have someone to talk to while I waited. The officer showed up and I explained to him what had happened and that I did not know anyone who would do something like this. I was thrown off a little bit by the guy because he was 6'7'' and was from England which I would never expect from the area I live in. He gave me my case number and informed me to let him know if I found anything missing. I called the apartment complex and asked for maintenance to come over since I couldn't lock my door. 


When the maintenance guy got here he found some keys under a leaf near my door so I called the cop back and handed them over as evidence. The maintenance guy used 8 screws to attach a 2x4 to my door and scheduled a fix on Monday so I would be ok.

It amazes me that people are that stupid to do things like this. After brain storming with people we think maybe the person was drunk, was at the wrong apartment, and tried to get in and when that didn't work they broke the door down to be greeted with a very angry dog and they slammed the door shut again. 

Oh well, a crappy start to my birthday weekend didn't ruin anything for me. Saturday I woke up way too early and caught up on some reading. I packed up the dog, dropped her off at my mom's and then went to start my transformation. Hair, nails, and make up...an amazing relaxing day especially after the night before. 

I got to enjoy an amazing lunch which provided an Iced White Chocolate coffee

I always find it amazing what hair and make up makes a difference. 

love fake eyelashes
After pampering I went out to an amazing dinner with the folks (got to see the hot waiter) and then headed out to the White Buffalo (new local country bar) and had an amazing time! We got to hang out in the DJ booth at the end and I realized that I still have the awesome drinking ability that I used to. 


It was one of the best birthdays I've had and I'm so thankful for all of the people that are in my life. Yes, the weekend started out like crap but it sure as hell turned into a great memory. 

5 comments:

Kasey said...

wow thats scary even if it looked like the person was just drunk and tried to barge into the wrong apartment! So glad nothing was missing and your dog is unharmed and that you weren't there in case they were there to do harm. Its scary not knowing what really went on, but hopefully you don't experience it again!

I lovvvve your eyeshadow in your birthday pics! sooo pretty :)

Other than a scary Friday night, I hope you had a great birthday weekend :):)
http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

Lindsey @ Life on Countryside said...

sorry about the break in. But glad you didn't let it ruin your birthday weekend. Aren't birthday weekends the best!? Happy Birthday!

Andrea said...

6'7 British cop! An upside to the breakin? Glad nothing was missing.

Jen said...

Oh my! So glad nothing was taken and they weren't still there. Sounds like despite it you had a great birthday weekend!

SH said...

Thank goodness nothing was taken! BUt still - how can people be so silly. Your eyelashes look freaking fantastic!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS