Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Review: Well What I Can Remember...

You ever have one of those birthdays that just keep on going?
I'm having one of those and I'm retiring the celebrating starting now because I don't think my body can take much more.

We all know that last weekend I celebrated with my mom and grandma and my two besties and their husbands. 

The day before my birthday I got to relax, spend time with the neighbor friend who keeps showing up, and chill in line to get my tags renewed while some guy growled at me. My actual birthDAY rolled around and my mom did a pretty great guest post and then when I came home from work she had decorated my whole apartment from top to bottom! She also got me wine for my birthday which I'm not going to complain about.


My "sister" Ashley has her birthday a day before mine, which I always tease about because she is exactly a day older then me, and she was in town visiting her family. My other "sister" Megan decided that since Ashley was in town, which hardly happens, that she would drive her butt down to see us for a night of drinking!

Me, Megan, Ashley - 6th grade and today
All day Saturday I was jumping up and down in my seat super excited for the coming evening because even though we've been friends for almost 20 years the 3 of us have never been drunk together past the age of 21. We almost lost Ashley for our drunken evening but friendship guilt worked its magic and she showed. We met at the bar at 8:30, let's remember that time, and went straight for the liquor.
Tequila, Birthday Cake Shots, Vodka, Long Islands, Beer and Wine.
I'm missing a few sections of the night but it's all good.

The thing I love about our friendship is that even though the three of us haven't lived in the same town since high school and we don't speak very often, but when we get together it is like nothing matters. We share a little on work, we quickly speak about their bf's, and just talk about the most random shit.

The bartenders had us listed under girls x3, which we joyously informed each bartender who asked for our names. We made friends with the bartender Jay who decided we were the best things of his night. He would randomly walk by and catch us chatting about how I seem to collect people who have birthdays around mine or how Ashley could possibly become a serial killer if she really wanted to or if having sex with a woman counts towards that "number" or if talking about vibrators in restaurants is appropriate or not.
Like I said, the three of us together is probably the funniest thing, just ask my mom.


At 11:30 we had decided to call it a night, well....more like we decided to go to Steak and Shake and then call it a night because the amount of alcohol in our system was beyond crazy.
Off to Steak and Shake we went where we scarfed down some oh so greasy burgers and tiny little fries.

Sunday I spent the day at work nursing coffee and then just curled in a ball on my couch and slept.

I hope you all had an amazing weekend!!!!!
I'm now off to drop my dog at the vet because she's sick and I'm not sure what's wrong.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm the exact same way with my friends! Haven't lived in the same place but as soon as we get together it's like we never left. I love that

SH said...

Haha! I love the title of this post :)

Happy Monday!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS