Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Yep...I'm Sharing a Recipe

 This moving thing is starting to break me. I'm not kidding it is getting pretty bad. I'm stressed, tired, in pain, and covered in white pain flecks. I'm sitting here slowly dying and so instead of writing about how I think I might be loosing the feeling in my legs and I might not be able to walk anymore I'm going to share my recipe for Shrimp and Goat Cheese Pasta.


Ingredients

- Angel hair pasta
- 1/2 lbs of shrimp (de-veined and no shell) 
- 1 lemon
- 6 oz soft goat cheese log
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil (to taste) shredded
- salt and pepper (to taste) 


boil the pasta to how you like it, take a cup of the water and set aside then drain. 


see...the cup of pasta water


make sure you de-vein and take off all of the shell from the little shrimp


add 2 tbsp of evoo to the frying pan and heat it up


zest the shrimp with lemon while the frying pan is heating up and add salt and pepper to taste


add the shrimp into the frying pan and then squeeze the lemon onto the shrimp (if you like a little lemon then one half is good if you like a lot use both)


cook on one side for 2 mins then flip the little shrimp guys


cut the goat cheese up and then halve the tomatoes (sorry I forgot to take that picture)


dump in the shrimp


then the cheese


and the tomatoes and basil (forgot to take their photo). 


pour in half of the pasta water you saved and mix it all together. You want it a little creamier pour in more of the water.

This is a very light meal so I added some pepper onto it for a little more taste. If you use a lot of pasta increase the amount of goat cheese you add in or it can taste a little bland. 



Tada!!! I can cook and no one died so I put that as a win in my book. 

I'm now going to go spend more time painting my place and I'll see if I can remember to take photos of that. I probably will forget since I'm being a pretty bad blogger recently. I'll get better.....I promise. 

4 comments:

Jaime Hungry said...

I usually skip recipe posts because I'm not much of a cooker, but I have an insane amount of goat cheese I need to use, so I may just have to give this a try. Good luck with the move, I know how miserable it is!

Nikki said...

ummm yum! How have I not eaten this yet?

elle at wishingoodluck said...

Omg, get in my belly! (Is that weird? If that's weird, I'm sorry but oh my gosh, soooo delicious looking)

Victoria said...

I've discovered a love of goat cheese in the past few months. So this definitely made me hungry (and I already had dinner!). Think it would taste good with chicken instead of shrimp? Seems basic enough...

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS