Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Literary Junkis Link Up!


Hey Ladies!!!

I haven't been apart of this link up in a while and I'm not sure why I missed a few because this is one of my favorite ones to do.

What are you currently read? Tell us about it!

I actually just finished reading Insurgent.

These books are really really good but of course the first is always better then the second. I can't really go over much about Insurgent without revealing too much about the first one but all I can say it. Think Hunger games trying for a Utopia instead of a head faction with little ones. We have violence, love, and some cliffhangers. I can say I get pissed at Tris a lot but hey MAYBE in the third one I'll go back to liking her again.
Amazon or brick and mortar?
How about Barnes and Noble?
Locally owned bookshop or big name chain store?
I read through my Nook because I like to hold onto books and if I actually bought them then I'd have no place to sit down. If I do happen to buy an actual book then I go to Barnes and Noble near my house A) because it is close B) because they are closing all the big book stores near me and I don't want them to close BN.
Bookmark or dog-ear?
Bookmark! I used to dog-ear when I was younger but then if I want to re-read the book and the dog-ear comes undone I end up having NO idea where I was. Also, I don't want to hurt my pretty things.
Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
My Nook is by author since I tend to read a lot of books by the same person and it keeps me organized.
Keep, throw away, or sell?
KEEP! Before the Nook I kept them all, I mean...ALL and then when I had to move I had to sell 5 giant tubs because I couldn't take them with me. I miss my books **sad face**
Keep dust jacket or toss it?
I never even thought about throwing them away. It's part of the darn book.
Read with dust jacket or remove it?
Remove them...I HATE the darn things and they just get in the way and slip and slide and UGH! I hate them.
Short story or novel?
Novel, always a novel.
Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?
Collection...if I'm reading something I want the same person who started it not a bunch of people trying to sound like each other.
Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Chapter Breaks. I don't understand who can just put the book down and walk away not knowing what happened in the next sentence. There is a reason for chapters!
“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
"Once upon a time" unless "It was a dark and stormy night" might lead to a "Happily Ever After"
Buy or borrow?
Buy....I'm a book hoarder. It is my one spending thing so I want to hang onto them.
New or used?
New....I have a thing about other people touching my things haha.
Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
I'm that person that stands in the bookstore and looks at titles, read the back, pick a random page to read and then make a choice. I will sometimes I see what my favorite authors recommend and I will also sometimes go off of recommendations. Ok, fine....I'm all over the place.
Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Tidy ending. I can't do cliffhangers. They bother me so freakin much, I just can't stand it.
Morning, afternoon or nighttime reading?
I read before I go to bed most of the time. Sometimes on my days off I'll go to a coffee shop and curl up to read just to get out of the house.
Single volume or series?
Both.
Favorite series?
Fever Series, Hunger Games, Blackdagger Brotherhood
Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
I'm not really sure...I just read what I read. I've never really read anything that no one has never heard of as far as I'm aware.


3 comments:

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

I used to be a dog-earer too. I just thought that's what one did. LOL Until I got older and decided I didn't want to ruin my books by doing that! :) LOL
I am a book hoarder as well! And I make my hubby move my books when we move. Every.Single.Time. I paid the money for them, I sure as heck am not giving them up! Now I will say I've taken two big boxes of books to sell when we moved the last time, but only after we moved my big box of books to our new place. ;) LOL Thanks for linking up!!

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

I like the Divergent series but I agree, Tris pissed me off in Insurgent!

http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/literary-junkies-6/

Another Clean Slate said...

Stopping by from the Literary Junkies link up! I loved the Divergent series- can't wait for the next book to come out!!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS